Monday, July 25, 2011

Moving Day Has Arrived!

This is it!  Today we get our moving truck and load it up with all our worldly possessions.  We'll spend one more night in our house, then tomorrow morning we head out for Pendleton.

I woke up at 6:30 this morning and hopped out of bed, ready to get to work.  Now let me just tell you, this never happens.  I do not wake up at 6:30 unless a child is crying or the bed is on fire.  Nor do I ever hop out of bed.  I drag myself out of bed, and it takes me a good twenty minutes before I'm ready to do anything productive.

So this morning has started well.  Peter is out right now with his dad, Jim, picking up the U-Haul.  They will stop by our storage unit here in Salem and load up all the stuff we have in there before heading back to the house.

Our moving sale on Saturday was a success in that we got rid of a bunch of stuff.  We didn't sell our couch, recliner, or entertainment center though, so we will just keep those for now.  The guy at the U-Haul office upgraded us to the next size up truck for free, so I think we'll have room for the extra furniture.

Several friends have promised to stop by today and help carry boxes and say goodbye to us.  We have four kinds of popsicles ready in our freezer to offer our guests.  I'm really hoping to get to see some more of the friends we have made in the last ten years here in the Willamette Valley.

I think that today will be a good day.  And at the end, our house will be empty, our truck will be full, our kids will be hyperactive, and we will be exhausted.

1 comment: